Have you considered a mobile marketing campaign? Facts are facts; there are more people in the world that own a cell phone than a toothbrush (source: Mobile Marketing Association of Asia). Below are some pros and cons of mobile marketing that you may consider as you decide whether a mobile campaign is right for you.
- Your audience is likely to be carrying their mobile devices with them in a standby state, they are more likely to receive and absorb the message on the spot.
- Creating content for mobile devices is relatively inexpensive when compared to desktop or laptop systems.
- Mobile campaigns can prove more convenient than traditional media, as the content is kept down to a minimum.
- Mobile connectivity can make sharing information a breeze. Not only does Mobile Marketing have massive viral potential, but also planning a campaign to go offline and then return online can attract others to get involved.
- Marketers can receive feedback instantly, leading to a valuable conversation.
- Tracking and reporting is easy, effective, and instantaneous as long as your network provider is up to speed with technology.
- Mobile elements can be easily integrated and incorporated into current campaigns.
- Mobile phones are not standard creating issues dealing with screen sizes, operations and browsing.
- Privacy is always in question on any network or device. Marketers offer clear instructions for opting out of marketing communications.
- The mobile phone is small creating questionable navigation. This can become more of an exercise than
- Ad campaigns that are not relevant to audiences and/or are bad can back-fire because mobiles are so personal and users don’t want to be interrupted with advertising they dislike
- Often features and apps are complicated to use and take time and interest to learn
My core function at R&A it is to make sure we’re helping to build an incredible online experience for our clients by utilizing today’s advanced communications technology. We did this by creating a content arm at R&A Marketing called R&A Web Plus. At R&A Web Plus we focus on creating marketing experiences online that connect with your target audience on an emotional level and inspire action.