1. The growth of the iPhone was 10 times faster than the growth of America Online. (Source: Nielsen) (This is an amazing statistic for those of us who remember mailboxes stuffed with AOL discs during the 1990s.)
2. It takes 26 hours for the average person to report a lost wallet. It takes 68 minutes for them to report a lost phone. (Source: Unisys)
3. There are 6.8 billion people on the planet. 5.1 billion of them own a cell phone, but only 4.2 billion own a toothbrush. (Source: Mobile Marketing Association Asia)
4. In some countries, there are more mobile subscriptions than there are people. (Source: Mobile Marketing Association) (How can this be? It’s because some people own more than one mobile phone.)
5. It takes 90 minutes for the average person to respond to an email. It takes 90 seconds for the average person to respond to a text message. (Source: CTIA.org)
6. 70% of all mobile searches result in action within 1 hour. (Source: Mobile Marketer)
7. Mobile coupons get 10 times the redemption rate of traditional coupons. (Source: Borrell Associates)
8. There are more mobile phones on the planet than there are TVs. (Source: Jupiter)
9. 91% of all U.S. citizens have their mobile device within reach 24/7. (Source: Morgan Stanley)
R&A Mobile Marketing suggestions:
Try mobile marketing for yourself. If you’re like most people, you’ve never scanned a QR code, know what a QR code is, or clicked on a mobile banner ad. The only way to understand things is to try them yourselves.
In addition, make sure you have a mobile-optimized website. There’s no point getting into mobile if your business’ website isn’t mobile-friendly.
The bottom line? Mobile is here to stay, and your consumers are using it virtually every day of their lives. Don’t miss out on the big ROI potential mobile marketing has for you just because you don’t understand it.
(Source: Mobile Marketing Association & Hubspot)